You can get a PAC (Physical Activity Card) with access to all facilities for free as a faculty member. You have to sign up at Health Services (somewhere in the North Building).
Gym access is FREE to anyone with a CCNY ID (including adjuncts): http://www1.ccny.cuny.edu/athletics/facilities/wingate.cfm
Faculty (including adjuncts) have to pay an annual fee to use the gym; if you have a QC student ID you can use the facility for free.
Music Library in Shepard Hall Room 160
QUIET space, large tables, cubicles, few students around.
The 5th and 6th floors of Rosenthal Library are designated quiet study spaces with large tables and views of the Manhattan skyline. Gorgeous at sunset.
Where to Make Course Packets
How to organize a workshop/conference
1. FUNDING: Apply for the DSC grant, http://cunydsc.org/grants. Two types of grants. The regular award of up to $750. Goes through review process and needs to be submitted by these dates:
- September 27, 2012 (for the October 4 meeting of the Grants Committee)
- October 22, 2012 (for the November 1 meeting of the Grants Committee)
- November 26, 2012 (for the December 3 meeting of the Grants Committee)
- January 24, 2013 (for the February 7 meeting of the Grants Committee)
- March 25, 2013 (for the April 4 meeting of the Grants Committee)
Or the start up grant of $150 (is being raised for next year, 2013/2014) which undergo an expedited review process.
2. FUNDING: Find other centers, student organizations, and departments to sponsor your event (in name only is also good for outreach)
3. LOGISTICS: Find a room. You can use DSC’s lounges 5414, 5409 for large events or the smaller room (15 people or less) 5489. If the DSC don’t fit your event’s requirements (i.e., you need computers) or they are already reserved, any GC student can reserve a room at the GC for free (as long as its on the weekday?). You need to reserve a room through Rati, who will contact room reservations for you. Provide title of event, date, time and room requirements. You can also request use of the Sociology Lounge or Thesis Room.
4. LOGISTICS: For room set-up, contact facilities at email@example.com.
5. LOGISTICS: Advertise. There is a printing press for flyers on the ground floor, near the mailroom. There are costs but is cheaper and more convenient than Staples.
6. For food and refreshments check out the Where to Eat section of this website, http://opencuny.org/gcsoc/wiki/where-to-eat/. You can use an off-campus catering service or bring your own food if the event are in the DSC rooms or in the Sociology Lounge. Anywhere else you have to use Restaurant Associates.